Establishment of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Technical Education & Vocational Training Authority
(1) As soon as may be, after the commencement of this Act, Government shall establish an Authority to be known as the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority (hereinafter referred to as the “TEVTA”), to impart such technical education and vocational skills through institutions under its administrative and regulatory control, which is based on syllabi acceptable nationally and internationally, is accredited with national and international institutions, is responsive to the market needs and provides nationally and internationally acceptable hands on experience to its trainees.
(2) Soon after the notification of the establishment of TEVTA in the official Gazette, by the Industries, Commerce and Technical Education Department, TEVTA shall, except colleges of commerce, business administration or management sciences, take over the administrative and regulatory control over all colleges, institutes and centers by whatever name called, imparting technical education and vocational trainings and which are working under the administrative and regulatory control of Directorate, immediately before existence of TEVTA.
(3) The TEVTA shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession, and a common seal with the power to acquire and dispose of property both movable and immovable and shall by the said name sue and be sued: Provided that the movable and immovable property owned by the TEVTA shall not be sold, leased out or otherwise dispensed without prior approval of the Government.
(4) The main office of the TEVTA shall be at Peshawar and shall have such other regional offices at such places in the Province as Government may deem appropriate.
(5) The Board in discharging its function shall be guided by such direction as Government may from time to time give and shall be accountable to Government for its performance.
Section-3 of “The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority Act, 2015”
Key Functions of KP-TEVTA